As more and more people worry about the environment, work-related pressures, and rising prices, the skin is among the first parts of the body that show the visible effects of all these stresses. As the person constantly get s exposed to stress and other pressures, wrinkles, puffy eyes, dull skin complexion and other abnormalities start to manifest. Here are some hints, and facts, on how to keep the skin looking and feeling younger.
What Are Wrinkles?
Wrinkles are often caused by years of unprotected skin exposure to the sun. As the person ages, the skin loses subcutaneous fat and other elements, making it thinner and more susceptible to infections and other blemishes. As a result of the constant exposure to external elements, the appearance of wrinkles on the skin increases.
Simple And effective ways To Keep Skin Supple And Healthy
There are actually a lot of simple and relatively inexpensive ways, for keeping the skin younger-looking and healthy. Here are some of the inexpensive and easy-to-follow suggestions.
– Use A Sunscreen. Sunscreens help prevent sunburn, photo-damaged skin, actinic keratosis, and certain skin cancers. Make sure you regularly use moisturizers with sunscreen, to get adequate protection from sun damage every day.
– Get 7 To 9 Hours Of Sleep. When a person doesnt get enough sleep, the body loses enough opportunity to revitalize and repair itself. If a person lacks sleep, he will age much faster, and will be more prone to a wide array of diseases and infections.
– Use Topical Tretinoin And Other Creams. Topical tretinoin, according to dermatologists, can help improve fine lines and wrinkles on the skin. The downside with using topical tretinoin however, is that you need to continue using it, in order to maintain its effect on your skin.
– Stop Smoking. Cigarette smoking increases wrinkles, especially if the smoker is a woman. It can also make the womans complexion look reddish and orange-looking, and can also produce pale or yellowish hues in some areas. Smoking also causes puffiness, gray hair, and leads to the development of yellow stains on the fingers. Overall, smoking speeds up the premature aging of skin.
– Have Your Daily Dose of Vitamin C. Vitamin C, or ascorbic acid, is a nutrient that the body does not naturally produce, therefore we need to get it from other food sources. Vitamin C helps treat cold and flu, and also helps prevent skin aging. The effects of vitamin C have been analyzed for decades, and more and more research has shown that it has been helpful for many people. Vitamin C works in two ways – as an antioxidant, and as a tool for collagen formation. Vitamin C can act as the bodys first line of defense against free radicals and other infection-causing microbes. Vitamin C also helps in the formation, maintenance and structural stability of collagen, a key component of most tissues.